Hydraulic Repair Technician
Our work keeps people moving.
KIRKS is a growing company, 75 years young, serving transit, fleet, and industrial customers. We’re providing new and remanufactured parts to maintenance teams across the country.
We’re proud of the vital work we’re doing to innovate solutions and get reliable parts where and when they’re needed. We support our customers with training, personal service, and reliable parts they can count on. We want to be the name they trust. This is only possible through the outstanding work of the KIRKS team.
Our people are behind the buses, motorcoaches, forklifts, and many of the vehicles you see on the road and in manufacturing plants. If you’d like to join a committed team of technicians who take pride in their work, read on!
The Hydraulic Repair Technician Position
We are looking to hire dependable, self-motivated individuals for our hydraulic repair department. Qualified candidates must be mechanically inclined and have the ability to diagnose problems and utilize test equipment. Kirk’s repair services include hydraulic cylinders, valves, pumps, motors, steering gears, and more.
Previous experience with hydraulic systems or components is preferred but not required, and we provide on-the-job training.
We offer competitive wages and full benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance.
If you are looking for a position with a well-established company and innovative team, you take pride in your work, have a positive attitude, and would like the opportunity to grow with an expanding organization, send us your resume.
- Familiar with both micrometers and caliper measuring tools
- Able to read repair manuals and datasheets
- Must be mechanically inclined. Experience in assembly of mechanical components preferred
- Education: High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Experience: Equipment or component repair: 1 year (Preferred)
- License/Certification: Driver’s License (Preferred)
- Dis-assemble components without causing further damage
- Thoroughly clean all components
- Evaluate and inspect subcomponents and assemblies
- Perform dimensional inspections on all required components to ensure conformance with specifications
- Identify replacement components and parts needed to complete the repair
- Reassemble product as specified by the manufacturer
- Perform pressure/cycling testing on all repaired products to ensure conformance with specifications
- Operate material handling equipment to move inventory, including overhead crane and pallet jack.
Details and Benefits:
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 – $20.00 per/hour
Schedule: 8-hour shift
Work Location: One location
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Contact us with any questions. We look forward to hearing from you!